In an effort to encourage lifelong learning and spiritual formation, classes, groups, and retreats are offered for adults at different times during the year. Adult spiritual formation experiences include book studies, spiritual disciplines, engaging social topics, and more.
Equiping kids to know, grow and show God’s love.
We present God’s story as told in the Bible in creative and memorable ways and provide opportunities for kids to:
- Share God’s love through serving others.
- Learn about prayer and ways to pray.
- Feel a strong sense of belonging to their church family.
- Learn about the traditions and practices of our church.
Many of these classes not only provide for spiritual development, but offer opportunities to connect with community members. These classes include: Book Chat, Sunday Morning Bible Study, SOS (study of scripture) Bible Study, Theology Pub, Coloring and Conversation & Mental Health Support Group.
1st UCC celebrates music as a glorious gift of God. We welcome all singers, players, listeners, and lovers of music.
There are several ways to get involved with worship and music at 1st UCC- Carlisle including Chancel Choir, Bell Choir, Church and Ministry Council.
Check out Earth Stewards to keep up with ways to be proper stewards of this beautiful planet!
Small groups play a vital role at 1st UCC: they provide ministry and fellowship, foster close relationships, and enable us to express our commitment to each other and to God.
- Thank you 1st UCC for your generosity towards Project Share. We exceeded our Souper Bowl 2021 Goal!
- Donate spaghetti and spaghetti sauce for Project Share.
- Donate Ramen for Community CARES.
- Donate new or gently used jackets, blankets, and sleeping bags for Community CARES and Safe Harbour.
- Testing.com is a great resource for anyone wanting to take control of their health!
We hope you’ll find this page to be a helpful resource with everything you need to know for reporting, but if you have any questions, need help, or just want clarification, please don’t hesitate to contact us.